Today’s issue is: How do I care for my hair after it’s been smoothed? Because while obtaining chemically straightened hair is simple, treating it and keeping it that way for a long time isn’t for everyone.
The hair smoothing procedure provides you with the wonderful appearance you’ve always desired. Chemically treated hair, on the other hand, is more prone to frizz, dryness, and damage as a result of the improper products used for the procedure, such as harsh shampoos and conditioners containing sulfate, pollutants, and other variables.
So, for your hair care routine, the first actual aspect to highlight is chemical-free moderate rejuvenating shampoo and nourishing conditioner.
We’ve got a few fantastic pointers for you that your smoothing managed hair will appreciate:
Level 1: Hair Care Instructions Immediately after smoothing
Once you’ve had the smoothing or straightening procedure completed, you’ll be giddy with delight at your new beautiful appearance and have an unquenchable desire to try out different hairstyles and hair accessories.
But, before you do anything else, there are a few things you should know to ensure top-notch results:
- For at least three days, avoid water in your hair; now, not even a single drop of water needs to be placed on handled hair.
- Avoid tying your hair with a hairpin in the back of your ear or any other hairpin since this is an excellent method to bend your hair and leave a horrible mark on your hair.
- Be cautious when sleeping: For approximately 3 days, you must compromise your sleeping postures in addition to ensuring that your hair is straight for the duration of the night while sleeping. Changing your pillowcase is also beneficial to your hair’s health.
Level 2 – After three days of smoothing, here are some tips for your hair.
- Congratulations! When you’ve taken good care of your hair for the first three days after using a hair smoothing solution, you’ll have crossed the maximum inclined days.
- Now is the time to give your hair its first wash and then deal with them.
- Rinse your shampoo and conditioner using the cleanest bloodless water you can find. Never wash your hair with new water.
- Wash your hair using a sulfate-free shampoo (moderate shampoo) recommended by your hairstylist. Before you begin, learn a few important hair-washing tips.
- After every third day, condition your hair with a conditioner with the same logo as your shampoo and let it in for a little longer than usual. You can learn more about the process by reading a piece of writing on ‘how to use conditioner.’
- Use a hair mask with the same logo as the shampoo and conditioner, which helps to keep the moisture layer in your hair alive. You may also make your own hair masks.
- To avoid hair breakage, use a large-tooth comb and first try to detangle your hair with your palms evenly and patiently.
- Use a recommended hair serum on a daily basis to safeguard your handled hair from all types of harm or pollution by forming a protective layer in your hair.
- Visit a hair spa on a regular basis to replenish any damage and to feel wholesome and beautiful once again.
Level 3: After 15 Days of Smoothing, What to Do with Your Hair
At this level, hair is cared for in the way it requires, and it emerges as more settled and capable than at previous levels. You may now appear to be a little more average if you follow the day-to-day hair care guidelines.
- So here are the things you should remember and take care of after 15 days and afterward:
- Begin by concentrating on your diet, adding elements for hair such as biotin-rich foods, nuts, almonds, green vegetables, dairy products, and a variety of other items that can add richness to your healthy hair. You may get more information on hair growth and care in this article.
- Protein is essential for hair health, so make sure you get enough of it in your diet. Protein-rich foods include fish, chicken, eggs, and soy products. Include substances that are high in amino acids. You will be given dietary supplements to aid in the growth of your hair.
- Trim your hair on a regular basis to ensure that there are no cut ends or broken hairs that could injure your hair. Trimming will also help you get a healthy hair appearance.
- Warm styling tools, such as a flat iron, should no longer be used because they can also injure the hair shafts. Avoid all forms of heating style products, but if you must, choose a cool setting or use a diffuser if you are a styling addict.
- Chemically treating your hair already puts a lot of chemical chemicals in your hair, so avoid any kind of treatment, style, or coloring for at least the next six months.
- Use items such as caps and scarves to protect your styled hair from the sun’s harmful rays, pollutants, wind, and rain.
- Avoid using tight hair elastics and pins, which can leave a corrugated mark in your hair, making it difficult to straighten again.
- If your hair is dry and non-greasy, use a conditioner as a shampoo in between shampoo washes once a week.
Keeping your hair happy is a game of Tit for Tat since the more you treat them, the healthier and beautiful they will appear. So get moving and follow those recommendations for after-smoothing hair care, and display your wonderful bouncy looks with confidence!